Tuesday, November 25, 2008

“The Saddest Thing in Life is Wasted Talent”

I ever borrowed the movie “A Bronx Tale” from library, primarily because it is starred by Robert De Niro. To my disappointment, the movie tells story about gangs and violence, which didn’t interest me at all. After I got the line “The saddest thing in life is wasted talent”, I turned off the TV. This line is worthy of all my time watching it.

“The saddest thing in life is wasted talent”, I repeated this line to myself again and again. It is true. I have witnessed a lot of untapped, misplaced, and unrewarded talents. They don’t have money, social connection, a right advisor or an encouraging environment to make their talents into use. They have talents, but they don’t know what to do and how to do. With potential, they struggle with life pitifully. If they don’t do the right thing, their talents will be wasted.

It is about luck – when you are confused or constrained, a mentor happens to guide you or a person comes to help you; it is about timing -  when opportunity comes, you are mentally, spiritually and materially ready; it is about fortitude – after the darkest night is the sunlight, you ought to have persistence and determination; it is about initiative -  you got to find a way to create a situation for yourself if nothing happens by itself.

Be prepared when you wait; be grateful when you get; be watchful when you win.

No comments: