Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Beautiful Moments

Dragonfly against Ayvalik sunset Life is composed of a sequence of moments, passing by as flowers come out and then wither, as fallen leaves float in the wind, as raindrops knock crisply on the roof.

Time flies, we can’t stop it and we can’t change it. Some moment is beautiful, some is imperfect, and some is unforgettable.

When I was little, I liked to chase dragonflies along a stream in the twilight. Set against the burning sun, the bodies of dragonflies were golden and shiny, the transparent wings silky and delicate. I caught one dragonfly, held in hands, and then set it free, watching it fly against the inflamed sky. It is a beautiful moment.

The second year in graduate school, we had a Spring Festival Evening Party. My lovely neighbor Andrea drove me to the Hall. When we sat down, a student board member came to me, said, “You look so elegant. The president of University came to the party today. I think she needs help to understand the performance. Can you go to her table as a translator?” I didn’t talk too much, but I remember that moment is beautiful.

After nine months’ pregnancy, and twelve hours’ induced labor pain, my little boy William was delivered. He was cute and wet, crouching on my chest. I kissed his little fingers and noticed his fingers were slim and long as mine. He stretched his hands to me, letting me kiss him more, what a beautiful moment!

Life is a process. If we can enjoy and cherish every beautiful moment, life will be a collection of poems. Even in the hard time, we still can find something small and subtle to fill our soul.

Photo Courtesy: fidelis - Istanbul

12 comments:

Unknown said...

this is so true.

love,
nobe

www.deariago.com
www.iamnobe.wordpress.com

Jade Meng said...

iagosmom, you have a unique blog. I can feel your overflowing love for your infant. Good for you.

Unknown said...

Having a child must really be wonderful, I am so skeptical being a young male:) I loved the imagery in this piece, "When I was little, I liked to chase dragonflies along a stream in the twilight. Set against the burning sun, the bodies of dragonflies were golden and shiny" made me smile.

--funispower

coolingstar9 said...

When I was the child, I also like to watch dragonflies. It looked wonderful.
I love your blogs, it's cool.
Happy blogging.

mckhoii said...

hi! what a great blog you have! Please add me to your blogroll and i'll do the same with yours in mine. Please dont forget to inform me when you're done. THanks! Go Blogs Bloom!

Jena Isle said...

This is wonderful, heartwarming post. It is like a poem within a narrative post. I love how you have vividly and colorfully described the things around you.

It evokes a positive emotion and the feeling that it's good to be alive.

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful post.

Jena Isle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanne Olivieri said...

Very inspiring and thought provoking post.

L. Venkata Subramaniam said...

I and my friends used to catch dragon flies and tie a string to their long bodies and then watch them struggle to fly. I still regret doing that.

Jade Meng said...

I was worse. I put butterflies into a book and squeezed them to death to make specimens.

Now I try to avoid hurting any life.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes, those are beautiful moments forever etched in the memories of our minds. May we remember them always in times of stress and sorrow so that we will regain the joy in our hearts. Thanks for the poignant post. I really appreciate that. God bless you always.

Anonymous said...

You insights are so wonderful! I really like this kind of attitude! =)