Yesterday I posted an entry “Life is a choice”. I overheard someone said, “Actually, we have little choice about life; ninety percent is already determined in the womb.” 90%? So high?
I did a quick internet research to see what are determined in the womb.
- BBC news said stroke risk determined in the womb, according to US scientists.
- Irish scientists claimed handedness determined by 10 weeks in the womb.
- New York Times make the assertion that weight as adult may be determined in the womb.
- Philadelphia researchers suggested that food preference may be determined in the womb.
- Men’s dancing style may be determined in the womb.
- Researchers in London said male fertility problems may be linked to hormone levels early in pregnancy.
- Canadian scientists said a man's sexual orientation appears to be determined in the womb.
- A UK research team stated that even career choice begins in the womb.
Wow! If all these important things are determined in the womb, and our parents make a series of decisions for us before we reach 18, there is little room left for us to make options, so it is important to make good decisions for the small part of life.
When things go wrong or we cannot meet our parents’ expectation, we may have valid reasons to blame our moms. Therefore, to be a good mom starts from very beginning, starts from the womb.